The forest inventory and monitoring research group (SkogRover) at the Faculty of Environmental Sciences and Natural Resource Management (MINA) at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) develop methods to increase our knowledge of forests and forest related resources.
We have made a seamless map of volumes and biomass based on airborne laser scanning in the forests of Oslo and Akershus.
In the period between July and September, a substantial field effort was carried out in the 1,500 km transect from south to north in Norway. Each of the 36 field sites was visited.
In the period between July and September 2018, a substantial field effort was carried out. Each of the 36 field sites was visited, and the trees registred in both 2008 and 2012 were remeasured (status (dead/alive), height, diameter at rot collar). Recruited trees were also registered (position, tree species, height, diameter at rot collar). Samples of the surrounding vegetation at the sites were also taken, to enable analyses of the interaction between the establlishment, growth and mortality of trees and the vegetation. A drone was used to collect aerial images for each site. Both a RGB camera and a near infrared camera were used, collecting overlapping images over the sites. The images are processed so that both three dimensional point clouds and spectral information can be spatially related to both trees and vegetation.
A field crew of four carried out the work. Vegard Lien (Mjøsen Skog SA) was in charge, and with him was Ida Marielle Mienna (PhD-student), and master students Kenneth Langlie Simensen and Inger Elisabeth Hilstad. Ingegjerd Meyer replaced Inger Elisabeth in September.
- (Norsk) Masteroppgave: Allelopatisk effekt av krekling på rekruttering og overlevelse av pionertrær i tregrenseøkotonen.
- Startup meeting
- Mapping natural forest by means of remote sensing
- Master thesis: Detection of rot in standing trees using airborne hyper spectral data
- (Norsk) Masteroppgave: Analyse av klassifiseringsnøyaktigheten av livsmiljøet “Gamle trær” innenfor MIS-systemet
- Master thesis: Regional differences in recruitment, mortality and growth of pioneer trees in the treeline ecotone
- (Norsk) PreMiNa
- (Norsk) Gjenbruk av prøveflatedata